Yield: estimated around 100?
Requires: Conventional oven with fan mode, electric mix with paddle (although I’m sure manual mixing is fine too if you are up to it although larger quantity of flour used here can be more taxing
- 1 cup / 225g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste / extract
- 1 tsp orange e xtract (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 & 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of roughly chopped pistachios / other nuts of preference (To ‘chop’ nuts, I wrap nuts in a clean dishcloth and then pound them using a kitchen hammer / handle end of a chopper)
- Preheat oven at 175°c, fan mode. Using mixer, cream butter & sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in egg. Mix until well-incorporated.
- Add in orange zest, juice, vanilla paste / extract & orange extract. Mix till well-incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sieve and combine flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Add into creamed mixture in 3 parts, mixing at low speed until just incorporated after every addition. After final addition, scrap sides of bowl and give dough one last mix to ensure flour are all incorporated. Remove from electric mixer.
- Using wooden spoon / spatula / scoop, stir in cranberries & chopped nuts.
- Line baking tray with cookie sheet/parchment paper. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet, leaving gap of 2cm in between cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack and keep in airtight container immediately after. Cookies will come out soft when taken out of oven but should harden when cooled. If centre of cookies still feels soft to touch after cooled, it is under baked.