Serving: 4-6 pax
- 400g of deboned chicken, preferably drumsticks and thighs
- 1 sprig of spring onions, chopped (discard the white part)
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 4-5 tablespoons of water
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of finely shredded ginger
- 1 tablespoon of crush fermented soy bean (tau chu)
- 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese wine
- A dash of pepper
- Mix chicken with marinate in a steaming plate. Set aside either at room temperature or fridge to sit for at least one hour
- With the exception of the spring onions, add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the chopped spring onions on top. Steam over high heat for 8 minutes or till cooked. Serve immediately with hot steaming rice.