Adapted from: http://www.homemade-chinese-soups.com/winter-melon-soup-recipes.html
- 1.5 litre chicken stock or ikan bilis stock
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 450g winter melon, diced
- 8 frozen uncooked shrimps, thawed and diced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander/ Chinese parsley
- Dash of white pepper
- Salt to taste
- Bring the stock to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the mushrooms and rice vinegar. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the winter melon pieces and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimps, stir and mix well. Add the coriander, pepper and salt. Serve.