Yield: 12 adult-size bars or 18 kids-size bars
- 3 1/2 tbsp pure peanut butter, preferably chunky
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp molasses
- Big splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups puffed wheat/rice/kamut
- 1/2 cup bran buds/Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats (not the quick-cook kind)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 160°c.
- Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with a long sheet of parchment paper (you want longer ends than the length of the pan).
- Lightly toast pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds with a pinch of salt mixed in.
- Using a small saucepan, mix in peanut butter, honey, molasses, vanilla, and brown sugar. Heat over medium-low heat until sugar has melted and peanut butter has thinned.
- Mix dry ingredients (toasted seeds included) in big bowl and dust with cinnamon. Pour liquid on top, mixing as you go.
- When everything is equally coated, spread the mixture into the pan. Press mixture down with long ends of the parchment paper. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- When you remove the pan from the oven, again use long ends of the parchment to press bars flat. Allow to cool completely before touching again. When totally cooled and hard, lift the ends of the parchment and put onto a cutting board and cut into longish bars. Keep in airtight container.