Serves: 6 – 8
Requires: a medium sized happycall pan, a flat frying pan and the large frying pan / woke.
- 2 tubes of egg tofu, pat dry and coat with corn starch
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- Canned button mushrooms or fresh shiitake mushrooms, halved
- Fist-size broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- Half a carrot, sliced
- 6 – 8 prawns, shelled & deveined
- 150g minced pork, marinated with 1 tsp corn starch, 1 tsp light soy sauce, salt, pepper, sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Chopped spring onions for garnish
Seasoning (mixed together and set aside)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chili bean paste (omit to make it children-friendly)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hua tiao wine
- 1 cup water
- Dash of pepper
- In a flat pan, pan fry tofu till golden brown then set aside.
- In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add chopped garlic and white onion, fry till fragrant.
- Add hard vegetables. Fry till onion translucent.
- Add soft vegetables (e.g. Mushrooms), ginger and minced pork. Stir fry, making sure to break minced pork into smaller clumps. Fry till pork turns color on the outside.
- Add prawns and seasoning. Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once prawns and pork look cooked, add cornstarch mixture gradually till desired consistency.
- Turn off flame and set aside.
- Heat up happycall pan.
- Once almost hot, add beaten eggs. Act quickly, place tofu all over the pan.
- When eggs are 3/4 cooked, scoop vegetables with mince meat sauce over tofu& eggs. Sprinkle garnish and serve immediately with steamed rice.
- Vegetables choices are optional. Does not have to include all the vegetables stated here.