- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely minced
- Green leafy vegetables, roughly sectioned (e.g. Chye sim, naibai, Hong Kong kailan etc)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable, canola, or peanut oil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and cooking oil.Add the chopped choy sum and blanch until bright green, about 40 seconds. Drain well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add the choy sum, stir, and season with a few pinches of salt. Continue to cook while stirring regularly for about 2 minutes.
- Push the choy sum away from the center of the wok. Add minced garlic to the center of wok. Fry for a few seconds till fragrant and quickly stir in the sauce.
- Once it starts bubbling, combine it with the choy sum. Season to taste with more salt as desired. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.