Modified from: http://reluctantentertainer.com/sour-cream-banana-bread/
- 113g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, yolk separated
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda(try reducing to 1/2 tsp next time)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 300g mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream(I used light version)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 handful of fresh blueberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°c. Grease and flour one loaf pan. Pan should be 3/4 full of batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and gradually add in half of sugar till stiff peak. Transfer meringue to another bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Meanwhile, hamdwhisk egg yolks till lighter yellow. Add egg yolk to butter and mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture.
- Add the sour cream, bananas, and vanilla; stir well.
- Fold in meringue.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn the loaf out onto a rack.