Adapted from: http://12tomatoes.com/cs-crispy-rosti-potatoes-serve/?utm_source=12t-12t&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_term=20161123&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=cs-crispy-rosti-potatoes-serve&origin=12t_12t_social_fb_link_cs-crispy-rosti-potatoes-serve_20161123
Yield: 4-6 pax
- 1.5kg russet potatoes (before peeled)
- olive oil
- 50g of butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coursly chopped
- Rinse and roughly peel potatoes, then shred with a grater or food processor.
- Rinse the excess starch from the shredded potatoes in cold water. Drain the water in a colander and using a tea towel, gently pat dry the potatoes to remove any excess moisture, and place in large bowl.
- Sprinkle salt all over the grated potatoes, stir to combine and leave it for 15minutes for excess water to ooze out.
- Using the frying pan that you will be cooking the rosti later, melt the butter. Be careful not to overheat lest butter blackens.
- Preheat over at 190°c. Drain any excessive water in the grated potatoes. Add in melted butter, pepper and more salt to taste, if desired. Stir to combine.
- Reheat the frying pan over medium-high heat, and add the oil. Once the oil is very hot, add the potato mixture till it is 2cm deep when pat evenly leveled.
- Continue cooking over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes minutes until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and crispy.
- With a same/bigger size tin or pizza board on standby, slide the one-sided cooked rosti into the former (golden side facing down). Then brushing the original frying pan with oil, cup the pan over the pizza board so that the rosti cake is entirely covered. Swiftly, but carefully not to touch the hot part of the pan, flip the pan+board 180°.
- Continue cooking the new side of the rosti over the stove for 4-7 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer rosti to a baking tin. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the rosti to a serving dish, and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and the parsley leaves. Serve while hot.