- 340g unsalted butter, left to room temperature
- 3/4 cup of sugar (plus extra fro sprinkling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3 & 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200g good chocolate, finely chopped
- Mix butter & sugar till just combined. Add vanilla extract and paste.
- In a large bowl, sift in flour and salt. Add into butter mixture.
- Mix on low speed until dough starts to come together.
- Line table top with long piece of parchment paper. Fold parchment paper over dough so that dough is covered top and bottom. Roll dough into a disc shape with 1/2″ thickness and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut using cookie cutters. Place on parchment paper lined tray and sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Pre-heat oven at 170°c.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes and immediately transfer to oven to bake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes til ledges begin to brown and middle starts to harden. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Using Bain Marie, melt chocolate.
- Dip cookie in chocolate. Place on parchment to cool till chocolate hardens.
- Thumbprint jam
- Sticks form
- Heart shape etc
- Chocolate coated etc.